Mortgage Loan Officer
Company: American Financial Network
Location: La Quinta
Posted on: August 15, 2019
Mortgage Loan Officer - 1020 La Quinta American Financial Network,
Inc.Job Location La Quinta - La Quinta, CAJob Category
SalesMortgage Loan Officer American Financial Network, Inc. ("AFN")
is reshaping the mortgage industry from what it was to what it
should be. AFN is a multi-billion dollar mortgage lender. We have a
fast-paced, energetic sales force with an unstoppable marketing
machine, and state-of-the-art technology that has propelled us to a
Top Mortgage lender for 5 years running, Top 100 mortgage companies
in America for the last 3 years, 50 best companies to work for in
2017, America's Fastest Growing Companies the last 2 years and Top
Mortgage Employer in 2017. Motivated employees from coast-to-coast
are the reason we have been able to achieve these accolades. Fierce
dedication to the company's winning principles, integrity, honesty
and teamwork, gives AFN the edge to continually exceed the
expectations of its employees and customers, and makes this a
company people are proud to be associated with. These are the
reasons AFN employees earned over $100 million dollars in 2016.
AFN's La Quinta branch is currently looking for a Mortgage Loan
Officer to join the team. Job Summary Under the direction of the
Branch Manager the Loan officer evaluates, authorizes, or
recommends approval of real estate, commercial or credit loans.
Advise borrowers on financial status and payment methods. Job
- Responsible for the outside sales and origination of
self-generated residential mortgages. Customarily and regularly
involved in activities related to selling loans away from the
- Develop and maintain relationships with real estate agents,
financial planners, individual borrowers and builders, etc.
- Accurately obtain and compile copies of loan applicants' credit
histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan
applications and to answer questions about the process.
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit
options that are available, as well as the terms of those
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and
accurate according to policy.
- Responsible for proper adherence to legal regulatory and
- Follow proper risk audit and compliance controls to mitigate
financial risk to the organization while maintaining an environment
focused on quality customer service.
- Responsible for ensuring that outstanding service is delivered
to our customer and clients.
- Perform business development activities to increase recurring
production including: maintenance of a client database, client and
customer calling/monitoring efforts and additional activities as
proposed by management.
- Manage a loan pipeline and the loan process to ensure loans
fund in a timely manner.
- Interact with various corporate functions i.e. legal &
compliance, operations risk, underwriting, closing, technology,
etc., to improve the loan servicing process, minimize risk and
improve performance tracking and controls.
- Attendance requires regular, reliable and punctual
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services
and products to better meet customers' needs.
- Review and update credit and loan files.
- Submit applications to credit analysts for verification and
- Analyze potential loan markets to develop prospects for new
loans. Assist in defining existing loan products and developing new
loan products to improve profitability and sales execution.
- Other duties as assigned. Essential Function: Originate
residential real estate mortgage loans. This includes obtaining
applications as well as coordinating and assisting in the
processing and closing of loans. The Loan Officer will develop and
maintain existing client relationships as well as identify and
pursue potential new customer opportunities. Responsible for making
sound decisions based on a mixture of data analysis resources and
experience, use rigorous logic, seek complete course of action in
decision making, and articulate recommendations in writing and
verbally. Consistently meet or exceed company goals, and meet and
maintain all licensing requirements including continuing
education.Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- Two to three years of experience as a loan originator.
- NMLS state and federal.
- Knowledge of conventional and/or government guidelines.
- Knowledge of processing, underwriting and/or closing
procedures/federal lending regulations governing real estate
- Teamwork and customer service oriented.
- Self-motivated and highly organized.
- Familiar with FHA and HUD guidelines.
- Strong computer skills including MS applications and previous
experience utilizing laptop technology for communication purposes
including accessing rate, credit and loan status information.
- Solid time management skills and the ability to organize,
prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally
and in writing, across a variety of audiences.
- Ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial data and
provide financial alternatives.
- Professional and effective interpersonal skills. American
Financial Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity Employer. #CB
Keywords: American Financial Network, La Quinta , Mortgage Loan Officer, Other , La Quinta, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!