Administrative Specialist - Venice Family Clinic
Company: UCLA HEALTH
Location: La Quinta
Posted on: February 3, 2020
ResponsibilitiesAs an Administrative Specialist, you will oversee
the procurement of materials and services for Venice Family Clinic.
This work involves the review of requisitions,the preparement of
bid documents, the review and award of bids, anunderstanding of
funding sources and account coding, the creation of contractsand
purchase orders and the monitoring and modifications of
purchasingdocuments as needed. All work adheres toprocurement law
and purchasing policies of Venice Family Clinic and UCLA. Work
includes communication withrequisitioners, receivers, suppliers,
project managers, site managers, Fiscal,IT and Facilities
- Interpersonal skills to interact effectively with staff and
vendors - Required.
- Oral communication skills to obtain and convey information
clearly and concisely -Required.
- Ability to negotiate prices and contracts with vendors
- Strong Math Skills - Required.
- Working knowledge of medical insurance billing - Required.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology - Required.
- Computer skills on Word, Excel -Required.
- Ability to operate a 10 key calculator - Required.
- Bachelor degree and three years of purchasing experience -
- Typing skills to prepare forms and reports with moderate speed
and accuracy - Required.
- Skill in setting priorities regarding relative importance of
job responsibilities - Required.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision - Required.
- Strong understanding of supply management - Required.
- Ability to create and administer a task priority list based on
company needs - Required.PhysicalRequirements - Required.Must be
ableto perform the following tasks:Occasionallybend, lift, stretch
and reach below the waist and above the headLift and moveitems up
to 20 pounds.UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status.UCLA Health welcomes all individuals,
without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
religion, national origin or disabilities, and we proudly look to
each persons unique achievements and experiences to further set us
Keywords: UCLA HEALTH, La Quinta , Administrative Specialist - Venice Family Clinic, Healthcare , La Quinta, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!