Registered Nurse Clinical Manger Med Surg Full Time Nights
Company: Desert Regional Medical Center
Location: La Quinta
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Full Time, Nights - 1 East
Desert Regional Medical Center is a 385 bed acute-care hospital
classified as a stroke receiving center and level 2 trauma facility
with an innovative , patient centered and evidence-based
Rehabilitation Services Department. Our compassionate team provides
a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services, including acute
care rehabilitation,joint replacement & spinal surgery,
neurosurgery, ICU, Telemetry, step-down care, skilled nursing, as
well as outpatient therapy, hand and lymphedema clinics.
The Clinical Manager is responsible for the day-to-day shift
operations in the Ortho Spine Department. He/she manages human
resources at the unit level in a cost-effective manner. The
Clinical Manager promptly and fully investigates and resolves
complaints of patients, visitors, staff, and physicians, advising
management / administration appropriately. The Clinical Manager
demonstrates an ability to respond and provide direction in
changing workload during crisis and emergency situations. The
Clinical Manager accepts responsibility for helping employees
understand difficult administrative decisions. Access to all
Patient Health Information for treatment purposes only.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Provides leadership of the staff related to care of the Medical
- Surgical patient and associated orthopedic surgery protocols and
- Obtains information and interpret information in terms of the
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development.
- Understands the range of treatment needed as appropriate to the
ages of the patients served.
- Participates in the management of human resources through
assisting, evaluation, counseling, and hiring of staff.
- Assists and edits payroll reports
- Ensures that a current criteria-based job performance standard
and applicable competencies exist for each member of the staff.
- Ensures timely completions of performance evaluations for
annual, probationary and interim evaluations
- Facilitates the appropriate completion and timely submission of
Human Resource documentation.
- Appropriately counsels and disciplines staff in a timely
- Interviews and hires staff.
- Coordinates timely attendance at hospital orientation and all
mandatory continuing education programs for employees.
- Regularly attends nursing leadership meetings and takes
personal responsibility for the quality and integrity of nursing
- Regularly participates and completes special projects
- Assures current, comprehensive, and timely department-specific
orientation for all new employees.
- Maintains current records on all employees at unit level to
include yearly certification, current licensure, evidence of
continuing education and compliance with unit competencies.
- Maintains an open communication with staff on organization,
national health care and professional issues.
- Promotes sound staffing practices by optimizing the utilization
of human resources keeping in line with established bench marking
and acuity data.
- Utilizes individual patient classification system which
predicts nursing care requirements by shift, and maintains
documentation to discern trends and patterns of nursing care
delivery by shift and staff mix in the daily staffing of the
- Assesses and assists in the implementation of staff development
and cross-training as needed.
- Supports all hospital programs to include, but not limited to,
risk management, safety, infection control, patient satisfaction
thru committee memberships, project team memberships, etc.
- Performs the staff scheduling function (Balanced schedule and
submitted on time)
- Facilitates unit work flow and teamwork. Ensure breaks are
taken as scheduled (Break log initials & signature)
- Assists in and understands YTD compliance with labor hour
benchmark per unit of service.
- Acts to facilitate interdepartmental interactions.
- Demonstrates effective problem-solving.
- Assists in the completion of standards of care, policies, and
procedures are appropriate and current and that they have been
reviewed with all staff members.
- Assists in the review and revision of policies and procedures
as necessary, but not less that every three years.
- Assist the Director in the development and accomplishment of
department long and short term goals.
- Assists in the controls and monitor of supply costs to achieve
flexed budgeted costs on a quarterly basis.
- Identifies areas of cost savings through labor and supply
utilization efficiencies and communicates suggestions to
- Assists and edits payroll reports
- Maintains personal current knowledge and expertise in the
specialty field of the department, and of regulatory agencies.
- Assists in development of a department strategic plan.
- Facilities and supports the clinical strategic plan.
- Facilitates and supports the organizational strategic plan.
- Integrates PI into daily operations.
- Utilizes PI philosophy in developing strategic directions.
- Assists in the collection of data for unit based improvement,
and other ongoing reviews which serve as quality trending.
- Obtains feedback on a regular basis from others within own and
other departments. Collaborates with Director on mechanisms for
- Communicates self and staff concerns through proper written and
verbal channels and utilizes problem solving skills to suggest
mechanism for correction.
- Assists in communicating, cooperating, and performing related
duties with other members of the hospital staff in a courteous and
efficient manner to contribute to the overall hospital goals and
- Acts as a team member within the department and within the
- Demonstrates effective, positive, and responsible relationships
with patients, families, medical director & key physicians,
employees, management & administration, and related outside
- Assures timely follow up of patient, family, staff; and
physician concerns after consultation with the Director and
communicates outcome to Director.
- Current California RN License
- Minimum of 3 years clinical experience
- Demonstrated clinical competence and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to present self in positive and
- Current American Heart Association BLS and ACLS training
- Previous management experience.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding
mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this
position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will
be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval
of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If
you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will
be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the
Palm Springs, California
Desert Regional Medical Center
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an
applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status
or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: Desert Regional Medical Center, La Quinta , Registered Nurse Clinical Manger Med Surg Full Time Nights, Healthcare , La Quinta, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!